Terms and Conditions
The following are the Terms & Conditions relating to the purchase of tickets and participation in all Events, workshops or courses run and promoted by Solar Events and also other events run by other companies which Solar Events may promote.
The terms and conditions stated here are liable to occasionally change and the latest version will be displayed here.
1. Rescheduling for a course you have booked: In the event that you are unable to attend a particular course run by Solar Events on the date you purchased a ticket for, you can contact Solar Events to transfer your ticket to the next available date without penalty. You must do this at least 1 month before the planned start date of the course and you must reschedule your attendance for a course that falls within 1 year of your ticket purchase.
If you do not arrange to attend another course in alignment with the conditions previously stated, then you will not be entitled to receive a refund and will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind.
In the case that Solar Events are promoting courses and workshops run by other companies, we will do our absolute best to rearrange the course for you so that you can attend at another time in the event that you need to cancel. Solar Events can not be held responsible if the other company refuses to transfer you to another course and you will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind.
2. Transferring tickets: If you are unable to attend an event run by Solar Events for any reason, then you are able to transfer that ticket to another person provided you let us know the details of the new attendee at least 30 days before the start of the course. If the ticket was purchased as part of a special offer then the difference between the special offer price, and the price advertised on www.solar-events.co.uk will need to be paid before the transfer can take place.
In the case that Solar Events are promoting courses and workshops run by other companies, we will do our absolute best to help you to transfer the ticket for you. Solar Events can not be held responsible if the other company refuses to transfer your ticket to another person and you will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind.
3. No Shows: If you don't show up for an event or session and haven't given Solar Events at least 48 hours notice then the full cost of the session will be charged or £97 for any event missed.
4. Changes to the course: In some circumstances it might be necessary to change some details of an event or course. run by Solar Events. These changes may include (although are not exclusive to) changes to the Event/course dates, times, venue, or speaker. If there is a change, we will do so by notifying you in writing of the changes we have had to make. If this does happen, then you are still able to reschedule the dates of the course that you wish you attend in accordance with our rescheduling policy stated above.
If Solar Events are promoting an event for another company then they will have full responsibility for informing you of any changes.
5. Event cancellation: In the unlikely event that Solar Events deems it necessary to completely cancel one of our Events/courses we will notify you via email that this is the case. You will be entitled to a full refund of the total amount that you have paid for your ticket. This is your only right and you will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind. If the event is one being promoted by Solar Events, and run by another company, then Solar Events will communicate with you in writing that the event has been cancelled and will do our very best to obtain a refund on your behalf. You will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind in this case.
6. Cooling-off period If you wish to cancel your enrollment in an event or course, you have 7 calendar days from the date that you brought your ticket (either online, on the phone, at an event) to notify us in writing that you wish to cancel in order to receive a full refund. If we have sent you any products or materials related to the course then the cost of these products will be deducted from your refund. Product and materials are not returnable.
7. Refunds : If a refund is due to you from Solar Events, based on the conditions stated above, then it will be processed within 14 working days from the date that Solar Events acknowledges that a refund is due to you.
8. Intellectual property rights: You agree that by attending events or courses run or promoted by Solar Events, or by receiving materials related to those events, that you do not have any rights over the Intellectual Property contained within, and you may not: (a) Copy, distribute or alter in any way, any of the course materials; record any part of the event or participants by audio, visual or audio-visual means, in any format.
You accept that Solar Events, or the company running any event which we might promote, have permission to record the event or course that you attened and that you may appear or be heard in any such recording. You give permission for Solar Events to use these materials in any way we see fit and to retain the intellectual property rights of said material.
9. Limitation of Liability : Solar Events does not accept any liability for accident, injury or loss suffered while attending the Event/course. You accept that your attendance at the event/course is at your own risk and you will have no claim against Solar Events for compensation of any kind, whether that is from loss of property, personal injury, death or anything else.
10. General The laws of England govern this agreement and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.